Adil Action


Last minute victory against Hartberg

Socialmedia icon
Socialmedia icon

The revenge is successful! Thanks to a last-minute goal in stoppage time, LASK snatched three points from Hartberg in the 28th round of the ADMIRAL Bundesliga. After Florian Flecker's equalizer, Philipp Ziereis scored the winning goal for the Athletiker in stoppage time, marking their first victory against the Styrians since June 2020.

Similar to the second half of the first leg, LASK maintained a 4-3-3 formation when in possession, with Adil Taoui making his Bundesliga starting debut for the Linzers. The first dangerous moments of the game all came from the Athletiker: first, Moses Usor sent a cross from Florian Flecker over the bar (14.), then a shot from Taoui narrowly missed the goal (15.). Two minutes later, Usor's attempt was stopped by TSV keeper Raphael Sallinger. However, it was the Hartbergers who changed the course of the game after 20 minutes with their first notable offensive action: Maximilian Entrup, left unmarked, squared the ball to Maximilian Fillafer, who slipped past the inattentive LASK defense to score. The initial offside decision was overturned by VAR.

The character of the game continued in an expected direction thereafter. Similar to the first leg, Linz enjoyed clear superiority in terms of play and sought appropriate solutions in attack. Taoui almost found one such solution with a solo run, but his subsequent shot was saved by Sallinger. However, Sallinger had no chance just before the halftime whistle: Taoui's cross found Flecker, who netted with his left foot to make it 1-1. It was Flecker's third goal of the season, having already scored on Sunday.

Lucky punch after freekick

After the break, LASK adjusted their pressing tactics and became even more dominant, although initially failing to convert possession into further opportunities. On the other hand, the Black and Whites were fortunate when an attempt by Avdijaj hit the post. However, thereafter, the guests applied significant pressure and came much closer to taking the lead. Especially Marin Ljubicic, who found himself free to shoot after a quick combination down the left side but couldn't find the back of the net (63rd minute). Attempts by George Bello towards the near post (75th minute) and a header by Flecker seconds later, which was cleared just before the goal line, also didn't yield the desired result.

It seemed like the match was heading towards a draw until LASK struck in the final minute of stoppage time. A free-kick delivery found Philipp Ziereis, who jubilantly netted the ball in the 93rd minute for a 2-1 victory. With this win, LASK defeated TSV Hartberg for the first time in eleven winless matches and secured crucial points in the battle for third place. They now hold a six-point lead over their opponents from Upper Styria.

TSV Hartberg - LASK 1:2 (1:1)
Goals: 1:0 Fillafer (20.), 1:1 Flecker (44.), 1:2 Ziereis (93.)
Yellow Cards: Ljubicic (22.), Ziereis (38.), Berisha (69.), Flecker (81.)

Line-up LASK: Lawal – Stojkovic, Ziereis (K), Andrade, Bello – Berisha, Horvath, Taoui (73. Pintor) – Usor, Ljubicic, Flecker

We are very pleased with this important away win. We found good solutions, especially in the second half, were able to create a lot of pressure at times, and generated several good chances. In the end, we rewarded ourselves with a deserved victory after a set-piece situation.

Thomas Darazs, Head Coach